This Blog is intended to collect information of my various Intrests,pen my opinion on the information gathered and not intended to educate any one of the information posted,but are most welcome to share there view on them
Friday, July 15, 2011
Disable (Block) CD/DVD ROM Linux ( RHEL )
Below procedure is working fine on RHEL ( Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5).
1) You need to be root user to perform steps.
[blog@ask4it]$ su -
2) Go to Directory Where your kernel drivers stored.Follow exact command.
[root@ask4it]# cd /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/cdrom
3) Now list directory.
[root@ask4it cdrom]# ls cdrom.ko
4) Now rename or delete cdrom.ko file with following command.
[root@ask4it cdrom]# mv cdrom.ko cdrom.ko-ok
To Delete file execute below command
[root@ask4it cdrom]# rm -rf cdrom.ko
5) Now reboot your computer and Insert CD or DVD into Drive. It will not detect.
6) If you dont want to reboot your computer then just execute below command.