This Blog is intended to collect information of my various Intrests,pen my opinion on the information gathered and not intended to educate any one of the information posted,but are most welcome to share there view on them
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Network Analysis Tools
* netstat – Displays information about the systems network connections, including port connections, routing tables, and more. The command “netstar -r” will display the routing table.
* traceroute – This command can be used to determine the network route from your computer to some other computer on your network or the internet. To use it you can type “route IPaddress” of the computer you want to see the route to.
* nslookup – Used to query DNS servers for information about hosts.
* arp – This program lets the user read or modify their arp cache.
* tcpdump – This program allows the user to see TCP traffic on their network.
* dig(1) – Send domain name query packets to name servers for debugging or testing.