This Blog is intended to collect information of my various Intrests,pen my opinion on the information gathered and not intended to educate any one of the information posted,but are most welcome to share there view on them
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Questions With Answers
1. What is the command to see if any particular process is running in UNIX?
ps -ef | grep
2. How do you see the version details on a Linux machine?
1. uname -a - This will give you kernel and other details
2. cat /etc/redhat-release - This will give you the OS Version release details
3. Where are the configuration files stored in linux file system, which
4. Which file stores the password details of Users in linux?
/etc/passwd /etc/shadow -- Optional
5. What is the Command used to see the access permissions for a directory?
6. Command to change permissions of a file allowing all execute permissions?
7. What is the command used to see the environment variables on UNIX?