This Blog is intended to collect information of my various Intrests,pen my opinion on the information gathered and not intended to educate any one of the information posted,but are most welcome to share there view on them
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Nessus vulnerability and Port scanner
The Nessus® vulnerability scanner is the leader in active scanners, featuring high-speed discovery, configuration auditing, asset profiling, sensitive data discovery and vulnerability analysis of your security posture.
Nessus scanners can be distributed throughout an entire enterprise, inside DMZs and across physically separate networks.
1. Vulnerability Scanner
2. Port Scanner
3. Host and Device detection
4. Can be used to scan NETBIOS (Windows and Samba) servers
5. Profiles (Scan Policies) for target scans, with specific exploits to query
7. Client/Server enabled; multiple clients may use the central Nessus server
8. Client support for Windows, Linux, etc.
9. Runs as a service, awaiting inbound PenTest requests
10. Penetration testing tool
11. Nessus can be automated
12. Supports plug-ins for vulnerability signatures